For this assignment, you will choose one of the pre-selected articles. You will read the article and then prepare a paper which will include a minimum of four pages in length which will include a cover page, two pages of content using the assigned headings, and a references page. The headings are as follows:
- Overview of This Paper – After writing your paper, summarize what you have written here.
- Review of Article – In a page or more, provide a summary of what the author(s) have said in their article.
- Critique of Article – in a page or more, critique the quality of the author’s work (any research and/or the their article). This is not based on opinions but objective findings. See the How to Critique document and/or the Sample document for more information.
The critique will be automatically submitted through Turnitin, a Blackboard/eCampus plagiarism checker that compares your paper to a student paper repository, current and archived web site content and periodicals, journals and publications.Word of caution: If your paper includes information from another source (either quoted or paraphrased) and you have not cited that work (given the author credit for what they have said) you run the risk of earning a zero for the assignment. The assignment is a critique of a pre-selected article (select one article from the five articles given) in which you are to write, in your OWN words, a four (or more) page paper that summarizes the article and provides your collegiate, objective feedback, not your opinions. This paper does NOT require APA formatting; however, up to 10 additional points will be awarded if you write this paper in APA format. The 10 points will depend on how closely the paper adheres to APA formatting. In either case, your paper must include:
- Cover page
- Review (a summary of the article, page or more)
- Critique (critical thinking on the quality of the article, page or more)
- Cover one of the articles from the pre-selected list
- Include a Review section (recap of the article)
- Include a Critique section (critical thinking on the quality of the article)
- Be well organized
- Be written using 12-point font size (Arial or New Times Roman)
- Include numbered pages
- Be written in third person
- Be grammatically correct with no spelling errors and with paragraph structure
- Be written on a professional level (e.g. don’t use “You”, “We”, “Us”, “I”…)
- Cite all sources, do not plagiarize (your paper will be checked with Turnitin)
- Avoid using long quotes
IMPORTANT: If you use a source (whether it is the article, something on the internet, a book, or whatever (whether paraphrasing or quoting) you MUST tell the reader where you found that information by citing the original author. Unfortunately, if you take information from a source and do not inform the reader of where it came from, you are committing plagiarism. Avoid using long quotes in this paper. An example of what you should turn in is also loaded into the course (“Critique Assignment Sample”) as well as a document on how to write a critique (“How to Write a Critique”). Please be aware, this is written on a professional level as if you were submitted a proposal to the Board of the company you work for. Please see the instructor and/or staff in the Learning Center if you would like writing assistance. These assignments are standard across the institution for this course and are helpful in evaluating the institutions effectiveness.