EDUC 4573 Virtual Observation # 2
The purpose of this exercise is for you to reflect upon your virtual observations. For each question below, please give specific examples from your experience watching the videos to support why the early field experience was valuable to you as a future educator (two pages double-spaced minimum, no more than three pages). Please include your name/course number and course section (for example EDUC-4573_01) in the top left corner of your paper.
Social Studies Lesson with Mrs. Cottrell
1. While observing the lesson please provide specific examples you witnessed in the following areas.
- Organization of the lesson (Pace of the lesson, did the teacher relate today’s lesson to previous/future lesson? Did the teacher summarize major point of the lesson?).
- Presentation of the lesson (Major/minor points explained with clarity, definition of unfamiliar terms/concepts, used good examples, show all steps to complete the project/activity, wrote key terms on board/overhead, provide opportunity for students to engage in active, collaborative and cooperative learning).
- Interaction (Did the teacher actively encourage student questions, listen carefully to student questions, restate questions and answer when necessary).
- Content Knowledge (Did the teacher present material at an appropriate level for students?).
- What would you have done differently? Please provide two specific examples.
- What have you learned about students and student learning from this virtual experience?