Read Richard Rice, Reign of God (Berrien Springs, MI: Andrews University Press, 1985)
I- Read chapter 9 The Church (Ecclesiology) Chapter Summary and write an in-depth 250-word reaction to the reading; this is a summary of what you read. It will need to be written in double space. At the end of your summary, you will need to include 3 provocative questions (i.e., provocative questions you come up with triggered by your reading, they will not be answered or need to be answered).
II-For this assignment make sure to answer each question thoroughly. I am looking for well thought out answers so you can get full credit. Please do not just copy and paste the answers from the book I want to see it in your own words. Answer these three questions in at least five sentences and give substantial answers
1. What is the relation between personal salvation and church membership?
2. How is the church like the nation of Israel? How is it different?
3. What are the characteristics of spiritual gifts?
III- Read John 13-16 of The Holy Bible (NRSV-Study Bible) and answer the following questions:
– According to verses 13:3-4, what knowledge did Jesus possess?
– According to 15:1-4 If vine branches were human lives, what pain would be associated with pruning?
– What tools? What fruit?